The Catholic Archdicese of Birmingham Archives

Collection details

 

Back to collections

 

CHAP - Cathedral Chapter of St Chad, Birmingham

Dates: 1852-1999

Number of records in this collection: 500

 

The Cathedral Chapter of St Chad, Birmingham, was created by a decree of Bishop Ullathorne, dated 24 June 1852, instituting a Chapter of one Provost and ten Canons, subsequently increased to fourteen. 'Notes for a History of the Birmingham Chapter', written by Archbishop Maurice Couve de Murville, can be found in the Statutes of the Cathedral Chapter of St Chad, Birmingham [CHAP/A/2], which also contains lists of Provost, Canons and Honorary Canons and a full desciption of the purpose and role of the Chapter.

 
Search the index using this collection: